Grade 8 Project
- Visual art reflects individual, community, and cultural differences throughout the world.
- Visual art can portray different views, opinions, and interpretations.
- Art influences technology and technology influences art.
- What is the purpose and meaning of your art? What is the purpose and meaning of the art of the artist or museum you selected to study? How does it represent you and your culture?
- What are the purposes for which cultures create art?
- Who owns art? How is art saved, displayed, distributed and licensed?
Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:
- interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
- communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving & Decision-Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
- plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior. Students:
- exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems and operations. Students:
- select and use applications effectively and productively.
- transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.
View rubrics and student products on the wiki: http://icscreativearts.wikispaces.com/home