Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com. You must create a 30 second advertisement for ICS. Use your school email account to create the account on Animoto.
Plan the following before you create the media message:
- What is the target audience? potential students or parents (early childhood, elementary, or middle school)
- What creative techniques are used to attract attention? images and music
- How might different people understand this message differently?
- What values, lifestyles and points of view are represented in, or omitted from, this message?
- Why is this message being sent?
- How does the advertisement address the ICS Mission statement?
- number of shots (for a free account, the limit is 12 images)
- length of each shot (no longer than 30 seconds total for a free account)
- camera angle of each shot & location of the camera for each (use your best)
- effects of close-up/medium/long shots (use your best)
- framing (rule of thirds) (use your best – but crop if necessary)
- backgrounds (choose slides with appropriate backgrounds)
- lighting for each shot (use your best)
- visual transitions (no control in a free 30 second video)
- sound track (select 30 seconds of music – mp3 format)
- special effects or animation (no control in a free 30 second video)
- script/message (your images and music create the message)
- You may work alone or in pairs.
- When you complete the 30 second advertisement for ICS (using Animoto), you or your partner must send the link to my email. Include in the email a summary of your answers to the 6 questions listed above.
- You will have today in class and next week in class to work on the assignment. It must be completed before midnight May 6.